Sunday 5 May 2013

Beef bourguignon. How I made it.

First I marinated meat in wine and herbs de Provence, plus garlic.
Then I dried meat, left liquid aside.
And fried pieces of meat in batches.

While doing that in other pen I sauteed  onion and carrot, and added flour when vegetables were ready.

That's my little trick!
When all the meat was fried, I brought it all back to a casserole and added veggies with flour.

Mixed them up and poured wine with herbs into the casserole.
  
Thanks to my little trick sauce immediately became very thick! 

I covered the dish and put it in the oven for a couple of hours.

Meanwhile i fried pancetta. I like to use it instead of bacon.

Then I added mushrooms.

When time had passed, I took casserole out of the oven and added mushrooms to the beef.
The back to the oven for 30-40 minutes.
And, voila!

It was wonderful!
I would pair it with Merlot. It will balance the dish nicely.

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment